Just yesterday my brother and I got into the biggest fight that we’ve ever been in. After it was all said and done the living room and kitchen looked like a tornado had just hit it, I mean there was barbeque sauce and tortilla chips everywhere… And it was all because I called him a “retard” which is pretty normal for brothers to call each other (not condoning it or saying its right or okay just because it’s the “norm” by any means) but I had no idea that calling him that was an internal trigger for him and something that hurts his feelings more than anything. After the fact I felt so bad and realize that I was completely in the wrong for what I said to him. I didn’t feel bad just because he’s my brother and because I called him something that hurts his feelings more than anything, that’s beside the point I was wrong and felt bad because I am a Self-proclaimed Christian, a follower and believer in Jesus Christ. This means that I should be walking and acting in LOVE at all times and in all circumstances, just like Christ did. Had I been acting in LOVE as opposed to acting in ignorance and anger the whole situation with my brother could have easily been avoided. Had I been walking in LOVE when we were younger and not been a jerkoff and called him a retard so much then it wouldn’t affect him so heavily today and cause him to have so much anger towards me. Love is patient, love is kind. Me calling him a retard was not kind or loving at all. With that said I feel like the fight was a blessing in disguise from God because it really opened my eyes to the fact that so much drama can easily be avoided and prevented by showing love and it reminded me that showing LOVE is the most important characteristic of a Christian. So I encourage you all TODAY to show love to one another at ALL TIMES and in ALL circumstances. I encourage you all to be very mindful of what you say to people because you never know how deep your words cut. Even if you don’t see personally the after effects of what you said to someone, you never know how those mean words are haunting them and affecting them late at night behind closed doors. So show love to people at all times because a little love goes a long way. You never know what someone is going through, so don’t hold your love back. So much of the drama and turmoil and evil in the world could so easily be avoided if all of us came together and started acting in real true love the way GOD desires us to, I truly believe that. Don’t wait until tomorrow or the next day to start being a loving person, no start now. Do your part and be a LIGHT in this seemingly dark world by always showing love. No matter the circumstance, or the situation, regardless of how you’re feeling that day or how someone is acting or has acted towards you in the past, you step up and be the bigger person and follow Christ example and show love to everyone just as Christ has shown to you and most importantly love the Lord your God with all your heart. Do not underestimate the power of love.
READ THESE VERSES:
- 1 John 4:7-8 7 Beloved, let us love one another, for love is from God, and whoever loves has been born of God and knows God. 8 Anyone who does not love does not know God, because God is love.
- John 13:34-35 34 A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another. 35 By this all people will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
- 1 Peter 4:8 Most important of all, continue to show deep love for each other, for love covers a multitude of sins.
- 1 John 3:16 We know what real love is because Jesus gave up his life for us. So we also ought to give up our lives for our brothers and sisters
- 1 Corinthians 16:14 Let all that you do be done in love.
- Mark 12:31 The second is this: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ There is no commandment greater than these.”
- Romans 13:10 Love does no wrong to others, so love fulfills the requirements of God’s law.
- 1 Corinthians 13:4-7 4 Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous or boastful or proud 5 or rude. It does not demand its own way. It is not irritable, and it keeps no record of being wronged. 6 It does not rejoice about injustice but rejoices whenever the truth wins out. 7 Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance.
- Luke 6:35 “Love your enemies! Do good to them. Lend to them without expecting to be repaid. Then your reward from heaven will be very great, and you will truly be acting as children of the Most High, for he is kind to those who are unthankful and wicked.
- Luke 6:31 Do to others as you would like them to do to you.