As I’ve grown up I’ve peeped that I could have made my life a whole lot easier and less stressful had I just been obedient and done the right thing. I could have avoided a lot of detentions, could have avoided a lot of phone calls home, could have avoided some legal issues, and could have avoided a lot of beat downs with belts from my pops, as well as some beat downs from God, my Heavenly Father. Growing up with my parents if you were obedient then everything was cool, and you set yourself up to get rewarded, but if you were disobedient then you got disciplined… And I’ve peeped that God is the same way. When we are disobedient then He disciplines us, just as a father should do but if we obey Him then good things happen. There’s so many blessings that we (myself included) are all missing out on when we are disobedient to God and don’t follow His Word. With that said, there are also so many blessings that we gain from being obedient and following His Word. Take Saul for example, God gave him SPECIFIC instructions to follow and he chose to do his own thing basically and as a result of his blatant disobedience God removed him as king. Look at David on the other hand… During his early reign as king he had so much success because he obeyed what God told him to do. I can look at my own life and relationship with Christ as an example. On the day I got arrested God was telling me straight up and down not to go to this park and smoke, but I ignored God and did what I wanted to do instead and I ended up getting arrested. Once I finally started doing what God told me to do which was to give up drugs and alcohol all aspects of my life got better and I can only attest that to me being obedient to God and Him showing me favor. When we are disobedient we get ourselves into trouble and when we are completely obedient then we get blessed, its just that simple people…I neeeeeeeeed you all to understand that God truly does want to see all of us prosper in life but we have to do OUR part and understand that He will certainly do His as He always has. A lot of us want to prosper in life and have Gods blessings but don’t want to do what His Word says… We have to do what HIS WORD says completely and fully, this is how we show God that we truly love him. Not by putting it in our bio on Instagram or tweeting it every day…–___- (sorry if I just exposed some of you, but im just a messenger delivering a message). WE show God that we love Him and are with Him by obeying and following His commandments. Everything you need to know about pleasing God and what His commandments are can be found in the Bible… You just have to do your part and read it, study it, and actually DO WHAT IT SAYS. I promise you great things will happen in your life as a result. When you’re obedient you put yourself in great position to be blessed, and avoided beat downs. Think about it did you ever get a beat down or get in trouble for being OBEDIENT and doing the right thing? I think not. There are blessings with your name on them, a long life of wealth and prosperity with your name on it, but you can’t get that if you’re not being obedient to God. Your life of prosperity and growth, whether it be financially, physically, mentally, etc., etc. will come but FIRST you must grow spiritually with Christ. The blessings are there but you have to really get into Gods presence and start doing what His Word says completely and fully to activate those blessings and start living the life of prosperity God desires you to be living.
Let me put some Word on it:
- Proverbs 21:21 Whoever pursues righteousness and love
finds life, prosperity and honor.
- John 14:23 Jesus replied, “Anyone who loves me will obey my teaching. My Father will love them, and we will come to them and make our home with them.”
- Deuteronomy 28:1 If you fully obey the Lord your God and carefully follow all his commands I give you today, the Lord your God will set you high above all the nations on earth.
- Deuteronomy 5:33 Walk in obedience to all that the Lord your God has commanded you, so that you may live and prosper and prolong your days in the land that you will possess.
- James 1:22 Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says.
- 1 John 3: 21-22 Dear friends, if our hearts do not condemn us, we have confidence before God and receive from him anything we ask, because we keep his commands and do what pleases him.
- Job 36:11 “If they listen and obey God, they will be blessed with prosperity throughout their lives. All their years will be pleasant.
- Exodus 19: 5 Now if you will obey me and keep my covenant, you will be my own special treasure from among all the peoples on earth; for all the earth belongs to me.
- Psalm 37:28 For theLord loves justice, and he will never abandon the godly. He will keep them safe forever, but the children of the wicked will die.
- Psalm 112:6 Surely the righteous will never be shaken; they will be remembered forever
- Proverbs 21: 3 To do what is right and just is more acceptable to the Lord than sacrifice.