I aim to try and write at least 1 post per week, and last week I failed and didn’t write any posts. It wasn’t because I forgot, or because I was too busy, or because of the holidays. It was because I was too scared. I allowed my fear to take over and keep me from doing what God has asked me to do. The whole week I was thinking about my blog and how I really needed to write something but I was afraid that I wasn’t going to be able to come up with anything and that if I came up with something it wasn’t going to be good enough to post so I did nothing. Yet that whole week I was praying and believing in God to come through and help my girlfriend write a song she’s been working hard on, but I wasn’t believing that He could do the exact same thing for me…Which is just a shame. But anyway, around 11 o’clock in the morning yesterday I was sitting on the toilet and I was thinking about my pastors New Year’s Eve sermon in which he declared 2016 as a year of promotion; a year for us all to be promoted to promote. The first Sunday of the New Year he elaborated on that New Years Eve sermon and said something along the lines of “if you want a life in which you are promoted then don’t run from what God told you to do”. And as I was sitting on the toilet I realized that’s exactly what I had been doing. I was running away from what God told me to do, which was to do this blog.I realized that this blog is a way to show love one to another, to lift someone else up and to magnify GOD, and my delay, procrastination was rooted in fear not faith.. So I got up off the toilet and decided to stop allowing fear to hold me back. I said a prayer asking that God would be with me and speak through me and that HIS will would be done, then I just started writing. I say all of this to encourage you all not to let fear or anything else or anyone else keep you from doing what God has told you to do. I know it’s hard sometimes believe me…but like my pastor said you can’t expect to get promoted in life and reach new levels if you run from what God has told you to do. There are blessings in 2016 with your name on them, but you can’t tap into those blessings unless you do what God has instructed you to do. The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you, so as long as you are doing what God has told you to do and are asking for HIS will to be done then you are protected and setting yourself up to be promoted in life.
Let me put some Word on it:
- Hebrews 11: 8-11: 8 By faith Abraham, when called to go to a place he would later receive as his inheritance,obeyed and went, even though he did not know where he was going. 9 By faith he made his home in the promised land like a stranger in a foreign country; he lived in tents, as did Isaac and Jacob, who were heirs with him of the same promise. 10 For he was looking forward to the city with foundations, whose architect and builder is God. 11 And by faith even Sarah, who was past childbearing age, was enabled to bear children because she[a]considered him faithful who had made the promise.
- Romans 4:20-21: 20 Yet he did not waver through unbelief regarding the promise of God, but was strengthenedin his faith and gave glory to God, 21 being fully persuaded that God had power to do what he had promised.
- 2 Timothy 1:7: For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love, and self-discipline.
- Hebrews 11:6: And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him.
- Mark 11:24 : Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours
- James 1:6 But when you ask, you must believe and not doubt, because the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind.
- Psalm 75:6-7 6 For promotion cometh neither from the east, nor from the west, nor from the south.7 But God is the judge: he putteth down one, and setteth up another
Visit the link below, by simply copying it and pasting it into a search engine to listen to the sermon I was referring to in the post and other powerful sermons by Pastor Randall G. Knighton, of “Spirit of God Christian Church”