Keep this Book of the Law always on your lips; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful.
Are you at a place in life where you feel like you aren’t hearing from God? Are you at a place where you are starting to question if God is really out there? Are you asking, “God where are you”? Well first of all, stop asking so many questions and second of all understand that God has not gone anywhere… If you’re not spending QUALITY, and INTIMATE time with God through prayer and meditating on His Word (day AND night) the connection you and God have when you do come to Him and pray will be very weak, making it harder for you to hear from and understand God. It’s just like any relationship, if you don’t talk to someone for a while or spend any quality time with them for a long time then randomly they show up at your door step or DM you on Instagram or something chances are it’s going to be awkward because you all don’t really have a strong connection anymore due to the fact that you all haven’t spent any QUALITY time together… It’s basically the same way with our relationship with God. If we aren’t spending time communicating with Him through prayer or reading and studying our Bible (DAILY) when we randomly start praying to God when we want something the connection is going to be weak. To strengthen up our connection with God and take our relationship with Him to a higher level we have to make a conscious effort to really get into the presence of God DAILY and truly spend some quality time with Him. I hate to break it to you but the little 30 seconds you spend reading the Word of the day on the Bible app is not going to cut it. When you’re in a committed relationship with someone you spend quality time with them not just 30 seconds every other day. That’s like you texting your girlfriend or boyfriend “good morning” and then that be the only thing you all say to each other for the whole day…A relationship like that is not going to last very long at all because there’s no connection. If you’re really looking to better your relationship with Christ and see it start to grow and reach new levels then you MUST make Him your number ONE priority. All throughout the week we make and set aside time to watch our favorite TV shows, go to the gym, go shopping, scroll up and down Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram and then right before we go to bed we try to squeeze in some leftover time for God. WE have it all backwards… Our schedule needs to revolve around God, not the other way around. God should not come second to anyone or anything in our life, He needs to be number 1 and our relationship with Him should come before all things and that should be evident in how we spend our time. I’m telling you God wants to take you higher in life but first He needs to know that He is the number one priority in your life. God is calling you to be more and to do more, He doesn’t want to see you stuck at the same level that you’re at right now for the rest of your life but in order to lift you up and take you higher He needs more of YOU.
Challenge: Just how we set aside time every day/week to watch our favorite TV shows, go to the gym, go shopping, etc. I challenge you to make a schedule and set aside a specific time period every day this week for about 30 minutes to an hour (same amount of time as most TV shows we watch) and read your Bible and pray to God. Set aside some time every day this week where it’s just you and God. Show God He is the number 1 priority in your life and spend some QUALITY time with Him.
|Proverbs 3 13-26
13 Blessed are those who find wisdom,
those who gain understanding,
14 for she is more profitable than silver
and yields better returns than gold.
15 She is more precious than rubies;
nothing you desire can compare with her.
16 Long life is in her right hand;
in her left hand are riches and honor.
17 Her ways are pleasant ways,
and all her paths are peace.
18 She is a tree of life to those who take hold of her;
those who hold her fast will be blessed.
19 By wisdom the Lord laid the earth’s foundations,
by understanding he set the heavens in place;
20 by his knowledge the watery depths were divided,
and the clouds let drop the dew.
21 My son, do not let wisdom and understanding out of your sight,
preserve sound judgment and discretion;
22 they will be life for you,
an ornament to grace your neck.
23 Then you will go on your way in safety,
and your foot will not stumble.
24 When you lie down, you will not be afraid;
when you lie down, your sleep will be sweet.
25 Have no fear of sudden disaster
or of the ruin that overtakes the wicked,
26 for the Lord will be at your side
and will keep your foot from being snared.
I was looking up Bible verses that speak on being focused and Google sent me to this chapter, Proverbs Chapter 3 so I started reading. As I was reading, verses 13-15 really stood out to me and made me start thinking about the 1.4 billion dollar Powerball lottery ticket that everyone has been going crazy about. Within these verses it says that BLESSED are those who find WISDOM and then goes on to say how WISDOM is more profitable than silver and yields better returns than gold (that’s me paraphrasing). I kept reading that over and over again and thinking about the Powerball and about how we as Americans and just people in general seem to have a FETISH for money and other materialistic things… WE hold money, cars, clothes, jewelry and anything else that can be PURCHASED in such high esteem… We treat money as if it is more valuable than our relationships, our friends, our integrity, our honor, our pride, it outweighs our beliefs and morals at times and the list goes on…If we put in half the time and effort that we put in to trying to obtain money, and trying to get ahead and “keep up with Jones’”, and started chasing after WISDOM, understanding, and after GOD with that same fire, desire , and passion THEN we would TRULY be RICHLY blessed and “wealthy” people. Don’t get me wrong 1 billion dollars would nice and Im not saying anything is wrong with having money or wanting money and by no means and I’m knocking ANYONE who bought a Powerball ticket, all I’m saying is don’t let MONEY or any other worldly materials cloud your judgment and take the place of what is TRULY valuable in life. Money is great, clothes are great, cars are great I love all that stuff too but none of those things or any other worldly materials are more valuable than WISDOM and a relationship with GOD. Stay focused on GOD and HIS Word and HIS Will and make HIM number ONE and above all things in your life and you will experience and possess things far more valuable than anything money can buy.
I aim to try and write at least 1 post per week, and last week I failed and didn’t write any posts. It wasn’t because I forgot, or because I was too busy, or because of the holidays. It was because I was too scared. I allowed my fear to take over and keep me from doing what God has asked me to do. The whole week I was thinking about my blog and how I really needed to write something but I was afraid that I wasn’t going to be able to come up with anything and that if I came up with something it wasn’t going to be good enough to post so I did nothing. Yet that whole week I was praying and believing in God to come through and help my girlfriend write a song she’s been working hard on, but I wasn’t believing that He could do the exact same thing for me…Which is just a shame. But anyway, around 11 o’clock in the morning yesterday I was sitting on the toilet and I was thinking about my pastors New Year’s Eve sermon in which he declared 2016 as a year of promotion; a year for us all to be promoted to promote. The first Sunday of the New Year he elaborated on that New Years Eve sermon and said something along the lines of “if you want a life in which you are promoted then don’t run from what God told you to do”. And as I was sitting on the toilet I realized that’s exactly what I had been doing. I was running away from what God told me to do, which was to do this blog.I realized that this blog is a way to show love one to another, to lift someone else up and to magnify GOD, and my delay, procrastination was rooted in fear not faith.. So I got up off the toilet and decided to stop allowing fear to hold me back. I said a prayer asking that God would be with me and speak through me and that HIS will would be done, then I just started writing. I say all of this to encourage you all not to let fear or anything else or anyone else keep you from doing what God has told you to do. I know it’s hard sometimes believe me…but like my pastor said you can’t expect to get promoted in life and reach new levels if you run from what God has told you to do. There are blessings in 2016 with your name on them, but you can’t tap into those blessings unless you do what God has instructed you to do. The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you, so as long as you are doing what God has told you to do and are asking for HIS will to be done then you are protected and setting yourself up to be promoted in life.
Let me put some Word on it:
- Hebrews 11: 8-11: 8 By faith Abraham, when called to go to a place he would later receive as his inheritance,obeyed and went, even though he did not know where he was going. 9 By faith he made his home in the promised land like a stranger in a foreign country; he lived in tents, as did Isaac and Jacob, who were heirs with him of the same promise. 10 For he was looking forward to the city with foundations, whose architect and builder is God. 11 And by faith even Sarah, who was past childbearing age, was enabled to bear children because she[a]considered him faithful who had made the promise.
- Romans 4:20-21: 20 Yet he did not waver through unbelief regarding the promise of God, but was strengthenedin his faith and gave glory to God, 21 being fully persuaded that God had power to do what he had promised.
- 2 Timothy 1:7: For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love, and self-discipline.
- Hebrews 11:6: And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him.
- Mark 11:24 : Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours
- James 1:6 But when you ask, you must believe and not doubt, because the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind.
- Psalm 75:6-7 6 For promotion cometh neither from the east, nor from the west, nor from the south.7 But God is the judge: he putteth down one, and setteth up another
Visit the link below, by simply copying it and pasting it into a search engine to listen to the sermon I was referring to in the post and other powerful sermons by Pastor Randall G. Knighton, of “Spirit of God Christian Church”
As I’ve grown up I’ve peeped that I could have made my life a whole lot easier and less stressful had I just been obedient and done the right thing. I could have avoided a lot of detentions, could have avoided a lot of phone calls home, could have avoided some legal issues, and could have avoided a lot of beat downs with belts from my pops, as well as some beat downs from God, my Heavenly Father. Growing up with my parents if you were obedient then everything was cool, and you set yourself up to get rewarded, but if you were disobedient then you got disciplined… And I’ve peeped that God is the same way. When we are disobedient then He disciplines us, just as a father should do but if we obey Him then good things happen. There’s so many blessings that we (myself included) are all missing out on when we are disobedient to God and don’t follow His Word. With that said, there are also so many blessings that we gain from being obedient and following His Word. Take Saul for example, God gave him SPECIFIC instructions to follow and he chose to do his own thing basically and as a result of his blatant disobedience God removed him as king. Look at David on the other hand… During his early reign as king he had so much success because he obeyed what God told him to do. I can look at my own life and relationship with Christ as an example. On the day I got arrested God was telling me straight up and down not to go to this park and smoke, but I ignored God and did what I wanted to do instead and I ended up getting arrested. Once I finally started doing what God told me to do which was to give up drugs and alcohol all aspects of my life got better and I can only attest that to me being obedient to God and Him showing me favor. When we are disobedient we get ourselves into trouble and when we are completely obedient then we get blessed, its just that simple people…I neeeeeeeeed you all to understand that God truly does want to see all of us prosper in life but we have to do OUR part and understand that He will certainly do His as He always has. A lot of us want to prosper in life and have Gods blessings but don’t want to do what His Word says… We have to do what HIS WORD says completely and fully, this is how we show God that we truly love him. Not by putting it in our bio on Instagram or tweeting it every day…–___- (sorry if I just exposed some of you, but im just a messenger delivering a message). WE show God that we love Him and are with Him by obeying and following His commandments. Everything you need to know about pleasing God and what His commandments are can be found in the Bible… You just have to do your part and read it, study it, and actually DO WHAT IT SAYS. I promise you great things will happen in your life as a result. When you’re obedient you put yourself in great position to be blessed, and avoided beat downs. Think about it did you ever get a beat down or get in trouble for being OBEDIENT and doing the right thing? I think not. There are blessings with your name on them, a long life of wealth and prosperity with your name on it, but you can’t get that if you’re not being obedient to God. Your life of prosperity and growth, whether it be financially, physically, mentally, etc., etc. will come but FIRST you must grow spiritually with Christ. The blessings are there but you have to really get into Gods presence and start doing what His Word says completely and fully to activate those blessings and start living the life of prosperity God desires you to be living.
Let me put some Word on it:
- Proverbs 21:21 Whoever pursues righteousness and love
finds life, prosperity and honor.
- John 14:23 Jesus replied, “Anyone who loves me will obey my teaching. My Father will love them, and we will come to them and make our home with them.”
- Deuteronomy 28:1 If you fully obey the Lord your God and carefully follow all his commands I give you today, the Lord your God will set you high above all the nations on earth.
- Deuteronomy 5:33 Walk in obedience to all that the Lord your God has commanded you, so that you may live and prosper and prolong your days in the land that you will possess.
- James 1:22 Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says.
- 1 John 3: 21-22 Dear friends, if our hearts do not condemn us, we have confidence before God and receive from him anything we ask, because we keep his commands and do what pleases him.
- Job 36:11 “If they listen and obey God, they will be blessed with prosperity throughout their lives. All their years will be pleasant.
- Exodus 19: 5 Now if you will obey me and keep my covenant, you will be my own special treasure from among all the peoples on earth; for all the earth belongs to me.
- Psalm 37:28 For theLord loves justice, and he will never abandon the godly. He will keep them safe forever, but the children of the wicked will die.
- Psalm 112:6 Surely the righteous will never be shaken; they will be remembered forever
- Proverbs 21: 3 To do what is right and just is more acceptable to the Lord than sacrifice.
Temptation is just a part of life. WE have a choice to just let it consume us and take over our lives or we can do something about it and try to minimize it as much as possible. Temptation comes from our OWN personal desires, which entice us and drag us away and eventually give birth to sin if we continue to feed those desires. That is why it is so important to control and be mindful of what you feed your spirit. What you take in and what you allow to go through your mind and thought process will eventually effect your actions. For me my biggest temptation is smoking weed. Ever since I started living for Christ and stopped smoking I don’t feed my spirit things that remind me of smoking or that will make me want to smoke. A big influence for me is music. Certain songs and certain artist put me in the mood to smoke so now I don’t listen to those particular artist or songs because I know what it will lead to. Last night me and my girlfriend went and saw the movie “The Night Before” that just came out starring Seth Rogen and a couple other funny cats whose names I don’t know. The movie was hilarious but the plot was pretty much about partying and getting drunk and getting high. I haven’t wanted to smoke or drink as bad as I did last night in MONTHS because I haven’t fed my spirit anything that will make me want to. But all it took was watching a 2 hour movie and feeding my spirit thoughts and scenes of getting high again to bring back those old demons. It reminded me all over to be careful of what I let in and to continue to feed my spirit Gods Word that way my thoughts are fixated on Him and His will for me as opposed to other things that will lead to sin. So when fighting and resisting temptation please understand that what you feed your spirit is very, VERY important. For me to begin moving forward with my life in Christ I had to leave certain things behind, such as weed for example. I had to stop going to a lot of the old places I went to, I had to stop hanging out with the same people I used to when I would get high, I basically had to remove myself from all situations that I knew smoking or anything else not pleasing to God was going to be easily accessible. I had to realize that I couldn’t go forward with Christ and still be doing the things that I did back in the day, and expect for those desires and old demons and habits not to come back. You have to get rid of the old to make room for the new. A healthy relationship with God takes sacrifice, and giving up some things, there’s no way around that; but what you GAIN with God is much more valuable than everything that you give up. Don’t try dealing with your temptations alone. It won’t work. At least for me it didn’t. I tried to give up a lot of tempting things that I knew were bad for me many times on my own and it didn’t work. I had to seek God for strength to overcome my demons because I wasn’t strong enough to do it on my own and I had to ask Him to remove my desires to even WANT to do anything that wasn’t pleasing to Him. I had to put it in His hands and submit to Him and His Word and do MY part as well, that’s when I was able to start moving forward and able to cope with my demons and temptations. To resist temptations and worldly desires and to move forward in YOUR walk with God you too have to get rid of some of your old habits to make room for all the new things God has in store to give to you. You have to watch what you feed your spirit. Instead of getting on Instagram or Twitter when you first wake up say a prayer to God, read a Bible verse or 2 that way the first thing that you’re feeding your spirit for the day is the Word of GOD, doing that will set the tone for your whole day and positively affect your actions if you OBEY what His Word says. Temptation is a part of life, but it CAN be dealt with and maintained if you are deeply rooted in God and His Word and control what you feed your spirit.I know all of this to be true because ive seen what God has done in my life. I’m a living witness and Im speaking from my own life experiences not someone elses life. If He did it for me He’ll certainly do it for you.
Let me put some Word on it:
- James 1: 12-15 12 God blesses those who patiently endure testing and temptation. Afterward they will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him.13 And remember, when you are being tempted, do not say, “God is tempting me.” God is never tempted to do wrong,[c] and he never tempts anyone else.14 Temptation comes from our own desires, which entice us and drag us away.15 These desires give birth to sinful actions. And when sin is allowed to grow, it gives birth to death.
- 1 Corinthians 10:13No temptation has overtaken you that is not common to man. God is faithful, and he will not let you be tempted beyond your ability, but with the temptation he will also provide the way of escape, that you may be able to endure it.
- Hebrews 2:18 For since He Himself was tempted in that which He has suffered, He is able to come to the aid of those who are tempted.
- Hebrews 4:15-16 15 This High Priest of ours understands our weaknesses, for he faced all of the same testings we do, yet he did not sin. 16 So let us come boldly to the throne of our gracious God. There we will receive his mercy, and we will find grace to help us when we need it most.
- James 4:7 So humble yourselves before God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.
- 1 Timothy 6:11-12 11 But you, man of God, flee from all this, and pursue righteousness, godliness, faith, love, endurance and gentleness. 12) Fight the good fight of the faith. Take hold of the eternal life to which you were called when you made your good confession in the presence of many witnesses.