I aim to try and write at least 1 post per week, and last week I failed and didn’t write any posts. It wasn’t because I forgot, or because I was too busy, or because of the holidays. It was because I was too scared. I allowed my fear to take over and keep me from doing what God has asked me to do. The whole week I was thinking about my blog and how I really needed to write something but I was afraid that I wasn’t going to be able to come up with anything and that if I came up with something it wasn’t going to be good enough to post so I did nothing. Yet that whole week I was praying and believing in God to come through and help my girlfriend write a song she’s been working hard on, but I wasn’t believing that He could do the exact same thing for me…Which is just a shame. But anyway, around 11 o’clock in the morning yesterday I was sitting on the toilet and I was thinking about my pastors New Year’s Eve sermon in which he declared 2016 as a year of promotion; a year for us all to be promoted to promote. The first Sunday of the New Year he elaborated on that New Years Eve sermon and said something along the lines of “if you want a life in which you are promoted then don’t run from what God told you to do”. And as I was sitting on the toilet I realized that’s exactly what I had been doing. I was running away from what God told me to do, which was to do this blog.I realized that this blog is a way to show love one to another, to lift someone else up and to magnify GOD, and my delay, procrastination was rooted in fear not faith.. So I got up off the toilet and decided to stop allowing fear to hold me back. I said a prayer asking that God would be with me and speak through me and that HIS will would be done, then I just started writing. I say all of this to encourage you all not to let fear or anything else or anyone else keep you from doing what God has told you to do. I know it’s hard sometimes believe me…but like my pastor said you can’t expect to get promoted in life and reach new levels if you run from what God has told you to do. There are blessings in 2016 with your name on them, but you can’t tap into those blessings unless you do what God has instructed you to do. The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you, so as long as you are doing what God has told you to do and are asking for HIS will to be done then you are protected and setting yourself up to be promoted in life.
Let me put some Word on it:
- Hebrews 11: 8-11: 8 By faith Abraham, when called to go to a place he would later receive as his inheritance,obeyed and went, even though he did not know where he was going. 9 By faith he made his home in the promised land like a stranger in a foreign country; he lived in tents, as did Isaac and Jacob, who were heirs with him of the same promise. 10 For he was looking forward to the city with foundations, whose architect and builder is God. 11 And by faith even Sarah, who was past childbearing age, was enabled to bear children because she[a]considered him faithful who had made the promise.
- Romans 4:20-21: 20 Yet he did not waver through unbelief regarding the promise of God, but was strengthenedin his faith and gave glory to God, 21 being fully persuaded that God had power to do what he had promised.
- 2 Timothy 1:7: For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love, and self-discipline.
- Hebrews 11:6: And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him.
- Mark 11:24 : Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours
- James 1:6 But when you ask, you must believe and not doubt, because the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind.
- Psalm 75:6-7 6 For promotion cometh neither from the east, nor from the west, nor from the south.7 But God is the judge: he putteth down one, and setteth up another
Visit the link below, by simply copying it and pasting it into a search engine to listen to the sermon I was referring to in the post and other powerful sermons by Pastor Randall G. Knighton, of “Spirit of God Christian Church”
Temptation is just a part of life. WE have a choice to just let it consume us and take over our lives or we can do something about it and try to minimize it as much as possible. Temptation comes from our OWN personal desires, which entice us and drag us away and eventually give birth to sin if we continue to feed those desires. That is why it is so important to control and be mindful of what you feed your spirit. What you take in and what you allow to go through your mind and thought process will eventually effect your actions. For me my biggest temptation is smoking weed. Ever since I started living for Christ and stopped smoking I don’t feed my spirit things that remind me of smoking or that will make me want to smoke. A big influence for me is music. Certain songs and certain artist put me in the mood to smoke so now I don’t listen to those particular artist or songs because I know what it will lead to. Last night me and my girlfriend went and saw the movie “The Night Before” that just came out starring Seth Rogen and a couple other funny cats whose names I don’t know. The movie was hilarious but the plot was pretty much about partying and getting drunk and getting high. I haven’t wanted to smoke or drink as bad as I did last night in MONTHS because I haven’t fed my spirit anything that will make me want to. But all it took was watching a 2 hour movie and feeding my spirit thoughts and scenes of getting high again to bring back those old demons. It reminded me all over to be careful of what I let in and to continue to feed my spirit Gods Word that way my thoughts are fixated on Him and His will for me as opposed to other things that will lead to sin. So when fighting and resisting temptation please understand that what you feed your spirit is very, VERY important. For me to begin moving forward with my life in Christ I had to leave certain things behind, such as weed for example. I had to stop going to a lot of the old places I went to, I had to stop hanging out with the same people I used to when I would get high, I basically had to remove myself from all situations that I knew smoking or anything else not pleasing to God was going to be easily accessible. I had to realize that I couldn’t go forward with Christ and still be doing the things that I did back in the day, and expect for those desires and old demons and habits not to come back. You have to get rid of the old to make room for the new. A healthy relationship with God takes sacrifice, and giving up some things, there’s no way around that; but what you GAIN with God is much more valuable than everything that you give up. Don’t try dealing with your temptations alone. It won’t work. At least for me it didn’t. I tried to give up a lot of tempting things that I knew were bad for me many times on my own and it didn’t work. I had to seek God for strength to overcome my demons because I wasn’t strong enough to do it on my own and I had to ask Him to remove my desires to even WANT to do anything that wasn’t pleasing to Him. I had to put it in His hands and submit to Him and His Word and do MY part as well, that’s when I was able to start moving forward and able to cope with my demons and temptations. To resist temptations and worldly desires and to move forward in YOUR walk with God you too have to get rid of some of your old habits to make room for all the new things God has in store to give to you. You have to watch what you feed your spirit. Instead of getting on Instagram or Twitter when you first wake up say a prayer to God, read a Bible verse or 2 that way the first thing that you’re feeding your spirit for the day is the Word of GOD, doing that will set the tone for your whole day and positively affect your actions if you OBEY what His Word says. Temptation is a part of life, but it CAN be dealt with and maintained if you are deeply rooted in God and His Word and control what you feed your spirit.I know all of this to be true because ive seen what God has done in my life. I’m a living witness and Im speaking from my own life experiences not someone elses life. If He did it for me He’ll certainly do it for you.
Let me put some Word on it:
- James 1: 12-15 12 God blesses those who patiently endure testing and temptation. Afterward they will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him.13 And remember, when you are being tempted, do not say, “God is tempting me.” God is never tempted to do wrong,[c] and he never tempts anyone else.14 Temptation comes from our own desires, which entice us and drag us away.15 These desires give birth to sinful actions. And when sin is allowed to grow, it gives birth to death.
- 1 Corinthians 10:13No temptation has overtaken you that is not common to man. God is faithful, and he will not let you be tempted beyond your ability, but with the temptation he will also provide the way of escape, that you may be able to endure it.
- Hebrews 2:18 For since He Himself was tempted in that which He has suffered, He is able to come to the aid of those who are tempted.
- Hebrews 4:15-16 15 This High Priest of ours understands our weaknesses, for he faced all of the same testings we do, yet he did not sin. 16 So let us come boldly to the throne of our gracious God. There we will receive his mercy, and we will find grace to help us when we need it most.
- James 4:7 So humble yourselves before God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.
- 1 Timothy 6:11-12 11 But you, man of God, flee from all this, and pursue righteousness, godliness, faith, love, endurance and gentleness. 12) Fight the good fight of the faith. Take hold of the eternal life to which you were called when you made your good confession in the presence of many witnesses.
Just yesterday my brother and I got into the biggest fight that we’ve ever been in. After it was all said and done the living room and kitchen looked like a tornado had just hit it, I mean there was barbeque sauce and tortilla chips everywhere… And it was all because I called him a “retard” which is pretty normal for brothers to call each other (not condoning it or saying its right or okay just because it’s the “norm” by any means) but I had no idea that calling him that was an internal trigger for him and something that hurts his feelings more than anything. After the fact I felt so bad and realize that I was completely in the wrong for what I said to him. I didn’t feel bad just because he’s my brother and because I called him something that hurts his feelings more than anything, that’s beside the point I was wrong and felt bad because I am a Self-proclaimed Christian, a follower and believer in Jesus Christ. This means that I should be walking and acting in LOVE at all times and in all circumstances, just like Christ did. Had I been acting in LOVE as opposed to acting in ignorance and anger the whole situation with my brother could have easily been avoided. Had I been walking in LOVE when we were younger and not been a jerkoff and called him a retard so much then it wouldn’t affect him so heavily today and cause him to have so much anger towards me. Love is patient, love is kind. Me calling him a retard was not kind or loving at all. With that said I feel like the fight was a blessing in disguise from God because it really opened my eyes to the fact that so much drama can easily be avoided and prevented by showing love and it reminded me that showing LOVE is the most important characteristic of a Christian. So I encourage you all TODAY to show love to one another at ALL TIMES and in ALL circumstances. I encourage you all to be very mindful of what you say to people because you never know how deep your words cut. Even if you don’t see personally the after effects of what you said to someone, you never know how those mean words are haunting them and affecting them late at night behind closed doors. So show love to people at all times because a little love goes a long way. You never know what someone is going through, so don’t hold your love back. So much of the drama and turmoil and evil in the world could so easily be avoided if all of us came together and started acting in real true love the way GOD desires us to, I truly believe that. Don’t wait until tomorrow or the next day to start being a loving person, no start now. Do your part and be a LIGHT in this seemingly dark world by always showing love. No matter the circumstance, or the situation, regardless of how you’re feeling that day or how someone is acting or has acted towards you in the past, you step up and be the bigger person and follow Christ example and show love to everyone just as Christ has shown to you and most importantly love the Lord your God with all your heart. Do not underestimate the power of love.
READ THESE VERSES:
- 1 John 4:7-8 7 Beloved, let us love one another, for love is from God, and whoever loves has been born of God and knows God. 8 Anyone who does not love does not know God, because God is love.
- John 13:34-35 34 A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another. 35 By this all people will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
- 1 Peter 4:8 Most important of all, continue to show deep love for each other, for love covers a multitude of sins.
- 1 John 3:16 We know what real love is because Jesus gave up his life for us. So we also ought to give up our lives for our brothers and sisters
- 1 Corinthians 16:14 Let all that you do be done in love.
- Mark 12:31 The second is this: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ There is no commandment greater than these.”
- Romans 13:10 Love does no wrong to others, so love fulfills the requirements of God’s law.
- 1 Corinthians 13:4-7 4 Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous or boastful or proud 5 or rude. It does not demand its own way. It is not irritable, and it keeps no record of being wronged. 6 It does not rejoice about injustice but rejoices whenever the truth wins out. 7 Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance.
- Luke 6:35 “Love your enemies! Do good to them. Lend to them without expecting to be repaid. Then your reward from heaven will be very great, and you will truly be acting as children of the Most High, for he is kind to those who are unthankful and wicked.
- Luke 6:31 Do to others as you would like them to do to you.
I know there are a lot of you who are probably doubting God and doubting yourself right now. I want to encourage you all to keep holding on. Don’t give up, because your time for increase is coming. Please understand God is constantly moving and constantly working and that he is ALL knowing. God has a plan for us all. “Worldly” standards of where we are supposed to be in life and what we’re supposed to be doing at a certain age, and how race and backgrounds play into it are not the same standards that God has for us. WE need to all learn to trust GODS timing and HIS plan for our lives not our own timing or the timetable set by society. When God says that your ready you’re ready, when He says it’s time, it’s time, when He says go, go, not your will, not your time, or anyone else’s. He knows all, not you. Trust in Him. A lot of us are questioning God at this particular point in our life and wondering is He hearing us and wondering why we aren’t increasing and moving up in life at the rate we feel like we should be. WE get so focused on the FUTURE, (myself included) and start looking 10 steps ahead and we lose sight of what is right in front of us. WE need to all understand that to move forward in life we have to be FAITHFUL where we are and with what we have NOW. Make no mistake about it, God desires to move us up in life but He won’t move us up in life if He sees that we aren’t faithful with what we currently have. God needs to KNOW that if He moves you up to the next step in your life that you won’t dip out on Him. (This comes from building a healthy and strong relationship with God.)I had been praying and asking God to bless me with job for like a month and some change because I was broke as a joke. I felt like it was definitely time for me to have a job and a steady income but God knew that I was not ready at that moment. He knew that I wasn’t ready for more money and a steady income at that point in my life because the little bit of money that He was blessing me with I was only using to get high…So He knew and I knew that if I was getting a steady income at that stage of my life the amount of drugs I was buying was only going to increase. So He waited until He could trust me before blessing me with a job. It took some time, a lot longer than I would have liked but in the end I know it all worked out for my good. God’s timing is always perfect; no it may not always line up with OUR personal time table but it is still perfect! It really showed me that God is never late, He is ALWAYS on time. The same goes for you. Be faithful where you are now. Faithful at your job, in your relationship, in your studying, in your practicing, whatever it is that you’ve got going on in life be faithful NOW and take care of business NOW before you start looking deep into the future. Do everything with excellence now with whatever you’ve got and put God 1st. Let your ACTIONS, THOUGHTS, and WORDS show and prove that once God blesses you and gives you the increase you’ve been praying for that you and Gods relationship will get better and stronger and not weaker. Put it in is His hands, ask for everything to be done on HIS time. God knows exactly what He’s doing and He knows exactly when to move us up. I know there are a lot of us, myself included who feel like we should be living out our dreams and that we’re ready for the” big leagues” NOW but we need to understand that God has everything under control. WE have to learn to sit back and be patient. WE need to understand God is moving in us. He is constantly molding and shaping us and that He’s just working out some kinks right now. God understands that there’s still a lot that we need to learn and go through before we can go any further so that once we do arrive at that next level we will be fully prepared and can be productive! Pray for patience, pray for HIS will to be done in your life. Trust God and His timing. Keep dreaming big, and don’t let the world or the haters and naysayers get to you. Don’t doubt God and don’t give up on Him or yourself. Understand God can do things that the world deems “impossible”. Prime example of someone with haters was David. When he went out to fight Goliath people were telling him he was too young, too small, too this , too that but David had faith in GOD and knew that he would deliver him from Goliath, and that is exactly what happened. He didn’t listen to the haters and the naysayers and not go fight because of what they said; he followed GOD and trusted him. Don’t let them get to you. Trust GOD, put your faith in Christ, walk with Him, submit to Him and His word, and trust His perfect timing. So what if it’s taking a little longer than you thought, just know that if it’s in GODS hand and you’re asking for His will to be done and according to His time that it will be that much sweeter. This is not the time to give up or throw in the towel. This is the time to work harder and go harder than you ever have in whatever you’re pursing and especially your relationship with God. Your breakthrough and increase are coming, you just need to submit to God and trust HIS timing and His plan for you.
Let me put some Word on it:
Isaiah 40:31 But those who trust in the Lord will find new strength. They will soar high on wings like eagles.They will run and not grow weary.They will walk and not faint.
- Ecclesiastes 3:1 For everything there is a season, a time for every activity under heaven.
- Galatians 6:9 So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up.
- Ecclesiastes 3:11 Yet God has made everything beautiful for its own time. He has planted eternity in the human heart, but even so, people cannot see the whole scope of God’s work from beginning to end.
- Psalm 37: 3-4 (3) Trust in the Lord and do good. Then you will live safely in the land and prosper.4 Take delight in the Lord, and he will give you your heart’s desires