My friends and I have a dream of starting our own magazine and naming it “10TWENTY”. We chose this name because we felt the typical scale of rating something 1-10 did not apply to us, because we are not typical or average. When everyone else has done their best and put in their full effort arriving at “10”, we see that as simply a starting point, so we rate ourselves on a scale of 10-20, 20 being excellent. I feel like that is such a powerful name and such a powerful message. I think it is how we should all think and the mindset we should have in all aspects of life, a mindset to BE and pursue excellence. And when I say ALL things, I mean everything, from working out in the gym, to our careers, to our relationships and most importantly our relationship with God. For me my relationship with God is the most important thing in my life and the way I see it is that I need to be going hard for him. He has blessed me in magnificent ways that I could have never imagined. When He blesses me He does not do it on a scale of 1-10, it is always in an excellent way, 20. If He gives me His absolute best when I don’t deserve it I feel like I need to give him mine since He truly does deserve it. All my life I have been coming to Him on a scale of 1-10 but no more is that the case. After realizing the call on my life and the things that I am supposed to do on this earth are on levels much greater than a 10 , levels that can only be measured on a scale of 10-20, I needed to start living my life fully on that scale, including my relationship with God. I needed to start giving Him my absolute best and spending more time with Him. I’ve noticed that the more time I spend with GOD the more connected I feel towards Him. As I’ve gotten closer to Him I have seen changes in my life, big changes. I feel like you get in what you put out. I was putting in average 1-10 work so I was just stuck, not growing, because I wasn’t going hard enough, I wasn’t pursuing GOD with excellence. It wasn’t until I jumped up to the 10-20 scale that I really started to see God move in my life. I was giving Him my very best(I can still do better). The closer we get to Him and the more time we put in the stronger our relationship becomes with Him and the greater the blessings and your whole outlook on life. After realizing that I started to apply it to other aspects of my life. I was putting in 1-10 work at my job and wondering why the boss didn’t like me… I started working on a scale of 10-20 and I started seeing changes in our relationships because it was now clear to my boss that my work ethic had changed. I started writing and reading more about my career path. I started pursuing excellence in understanding my chosen field and I am now beginning to see changes. Work that is done on a 10-20 scale yields huge results. I say all of this to encourage you all to strive for excellence because that is what God desires for us. He did not design us to be average and to do mediocre things because He is not an average or mediocre God. He designed us all, YOU included to be magnificent and to do excellent things in life with the gifts and talents that He has blessed us with. So do just that…carry out your life’s purpose of being an excellent and outstanding individual by approaching everything in life with a 10-20 mindset, especially your relationship with GOD. He is the one who blessed you with your skills and talent so use your gifts to bring glory to His name, and do that by working towards perfecting your skills and by serving GOD. Your pursuit of excellence in all things with a 10-20 mindset will only enhance your relationship with GOD. Try spending more time reading your Bible, more time praying and trying to seek God out and getting to know Him. Spend more time practicing and learning about whatever it is that your special gift and talent is and just go DUMB hard, harder than you ever went before. Give it your ALL, and then some. You are NOT an average person, you are an EXCELLENT person who was made by the excellent Creator, GOD, and you are not designed to be average so don’t be… Do everything with excellence and on a 10-20 scale.
5 Scriptures to help you live on a 10TWENTY scale:
1. Ecclesiastes 9:10 “Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all your might, for in the realm of the dead, where you are going, there is neither working nor planning nor knowledge nor wisdom.”
2. 1 Corinthians 10:31 So whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God.
3. 1 Thessalonians 4:1 Finally, dear brothers and sisters, we urge you in the name of the Lord Jesus to live in a way that pleases God, as we have taught you. You live this way already, and we encourage you to do so even more.
4. Colossians 3:23 Work willingly at whatever you do, as though you were working for the Lord rather than for people.
5. 1 Corinthians 3:12-15 Anyone who builds on that foundation may use a variety of materials- gold, silver, jewels, wood, hay, or straw. 13) But on judgment day, fire will reveal what kind of work each builder has done. The fire will show if a persons work has any value. 14) If the work survives, that builder will receive a reward. 15) But if the work is burned up, the builder will suffer great loss. The builder will be saved, but like someone barely escaping through a wall of flames.