1 Corinthians 2:3-5
3 I came to you in weakness—timid and trembling. 4 And my message and my preaching were very plain. Rather than using clever and persuasive speeches, I relied only on the power of the Holy Spirit. 5 I did this so you would trust not in human wisdom but in the power of God.
This Scripture highlights a major issue that takes place in today’s society way too often. We as a society are so quick to idolize people and glorify them because of their perceived stature, money, fame, etc. this should not be so. Whether we are idolizing a music artist because of a great song or idolizing a professional athlete for making a spectacular play we need to check ourselves and put some things into perspective. We need to understand that all good and perfect things come from above (James 1:17). Our gifts and talents along with those of the celebrities that we idolize all come from God whether we acknowledge that fact or not. God is the Creator. None of us are “self-made”, our success is not a testament to our own doing. Give God the credit He deserves. So again I say, we are NOT “SELF-made” beings. I’m going to be real with you, I once thought that people were self-made, and that it was by their own doing that they reached the level that they are at in life, because of their hard work. Waking up at 3 A.M and grinding all day and all night. Then I realized that it was by the GRACE of GOD that those people were able to wake up at 3 A.M and it was by the GRACE of GOD that they had the strength to grind all day long. It is by GOD’s grace and GOD’s grace ALONE that any of us are alive and able to accomplish so many wonderful things. I know that many of you have already achieved great success and that others are on their way to doing some amazing things which is why I want to encourage you all to never rob GOD of His glory. Understand that any promotion you experience in life whether it be getting over an addiction, getting a new and better job, graduating college and getting your degree, whatever it may be please understand that it is not by your own doing, but Gods. It is so important to give God the glory and to share what He has done for you because our testimonies help others; in fact our testimony is contagious. When God blesses us and does something in our lives we should not keep it to ourselves, we should share it with others. When we testify about what God has done in our lives and make it known that the success that we are walking in comes from God and not our own doing it teaches others not to rely on humans and not to idolize their accomplishments, but to rely on the power of the Almighty God. Remember to just stop and say, “thank you” to God for what He has done in your life. Never rob God of His glory, and continue to praise and worship Him not just for what He has done but for who He is.
Let me Put the Word on it:
- James 1:17 Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows.
- Psalm 28:7 The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and he helps me. My heart leaps for joy, and with my song I praise him.
3) Psalm 96: 4-9 4 Great is the Lord! He is most worthy of praise! He is to be feared above all gods.5 The gods of other nations are mere idols, but the Lord made the heavens!6 Honor and majesty surround him; strength and beauty fill his sanctuary.7 O nations of the world, recognize the Lord; recognize that the Lord is glorious and strong.8 Give to the Lord the glory he deserves! Bring your offering and come into his courts.9 Worship the Lord in all his holy splendor. Let all the earth tremble before him.
4) Psalm 115:1 Not to us, O Lord, not to us, but to your name goes all the glory for your unfailing love and faithfulness
5) Psalm 86:12 With all my heart I will praise you, O Lord my God. I will give glory to your name forever,
Visit this link and listen to episodes 1 and 2 of myself and Pastor Randall Knighton’s podcast, “Put the Word on it” http://www.spiritofgodcc.org/put-the-word-on-it-talk-show.html
You can email us or tweet us any questions you have or topics/issues you would like to have us talk about and address in upcoming episodes [email : email@example.com and Twitter: @wordonitsgcc ]